Wednesday 18 February 2009

Forward planning.

Well the glue is holding, Lily feels much more secure. I need to find some time and space to sand and paint the stair pieces and door frames. I also need to paper parts of the back and right-hand "half" walls. And I really should do something this week as Indy is on half term at my parents and the house is quiet, but I have a stinking head cold and am feeling lazy...

It did strike me though, as I lined up an impossibly bent left-hand wall (and wondered how on earth I would be able to weight it down as I glued it in place, given that the right-hand side has the bay window) that before I fixed the wall in place I would need to skirt and cove the rooms, my hands may be small but will never fit round walls and through doors once the main access is gone. So, I am drawing up a to-do list of all the things I need to prep and get in place before I finish off the walls. More painting in store, but it will buy me some time to think through the glue/weight issue! It is also a good chance to go through each room and snag them - the bathroom corner walls for example are gappy, not matter how much glue and pressure I apply, so I am looking at some remedial papering. Other papers need trimming and a little repair; gaps need filling and the ceilings and floors need touching up where the tabs have slotted in.

And my thanks once again to the Greenleaf Forum, I haven't been very active there the last few months, but I have spent hours surfing thorough their posts looking for ideas and info and basic sound advice - a great bunch of truely talented and wonderfully helpful people!

No comments: