Monday 14 July 2008

Well, I've finally uploaded some photos...

The first is of the dry fit - a very shaky affair! We did eventually put all the tabs in and she looked much better, but it was a tight fit in places and last thing I wanted to do was snap a piece of wood just for the sake of a test run.
I also, as I've only just noticed, had dry fit Lily together handed, I was testing the stairs earlier this evening and turned Lily round to see the front, it was only then that I noticed that the doors were on the right and not the left! No wonder no chatting has been done, Lily's all back to front!

The doors and windows are safely tucked away; the front doors are black and the back door white (which will need filling, it didn't fit together as well as the front ones did). All the windows are white.














And finally, the stairs (D in the instructions). One of the backers was damaged when I punched it out so I turned it round when I glued it to the side panels. It came from one of the darker boards and the rest of the stairs are a pale blonde wood, but as they will most likely be painted white I'm not too concerned, even if I stain the stairs instead, the piece is the underside slope and in shadow. I decided to build and then paint/stain the stairs, firstly because it would be a lost less fussy and secondly because I guessed correctly that some filling would be necessary and I'd prefer to paint over the fully "finished" stairs. The stairs went together very easily (apart from a couple of comedy moments with the first two backer pieces). A couple of risers were a little too narrow but the pieces held together with a little masking tape till they dried.

Still at a loss on the wallpaper... far too much choice out there! I'm going to look in my local scrapbooking shop at the weekend, the paper may not be exactly 1/12th scale but I think I could find some really interesting options.

No comments: