Monday 7 July 2008

My very first blog...

and a thank you to shineynewthing and her Willowcrest blog which inspired me to do this; a great blog and a wealth of tips and information that I intend to make the most of ;)

It took over a year to decide to buy the Lily dollhouse, having discovered Greenleaf/Corona Concepts a couple of years before, and eventually wittled my choice down. Since then she has moved house twice and kept her spot under the bed. To be honest, I'm not sure why I bought her as I'm not a fan of minatures, I have just always wanted a dollhouse of my own and I think the birth of my daughter gave me the perfect excuse! I had made a tentative start on the windows about 4 years ago but became obsessed with making them look "perfect" and probably did more harm than good! They were lost in the last move and back under the bed went Lily. I eventually ordered new windows from Corona and under the bed they went too!

I don't really know what's changed now (one toe stub too many??) but the new windows are now painted, as are the doors, and I've learnt from my mistakes. Everytime I try for "store-bought perfect" I look at my daughters (lovely) Sylvanian dollhouse and know that this dollhouse is not the same thing; Miss Lily will be a testiment (good or bad) to the time I spend on her and the thought I put in.

I will post pictures soon but in the meantime, I have a very wobbly dryfit frame looking at me and far too many decisions to make: lighting, wallpaper, finishings - I'm confused, somewhat bemused, and discovering whole new worlds - minature shops...blogs...Hobbycraft...!

No comments: