Thursday 10 July 2008

People say that dolls houses talk to you as you build them, but Miss Lily is obviously feeling particularly reticent at the moment. I've spent the last few evenings sat on the floor, lovely boyf chuckling at me, moving walls and measuring gaps and trying to gather some sense of whether or not to make any alterations to the original layout, what each room should be and how I would like to decorate it; basically any clue as to what I should be doing...!

I think the only thing I'm certain of is that I'm going to do exactly what the instructions say I must not do and make a few things out of sequence. The stairs, for example, should help me get a better feel for the flow of the left hand side of the house.

In the meantime, miniature catalogues are arriving thick and fast and thanks to the wonder of ebay I have more mouldings than I will probably ever need but which were half price: £8.73 postage included :) Even for an admitted "non-miniaturist" I can see how this could get addictive....

No comments: